In order to attract today’s applicants it is becoming increasingly important that companies adapt their selection tools to applicants’ needs. During the pre-selection process candidates decide if this is a company they want to work for or not.
Providing a positive candidate experience and an attractive hiring process is crucial for your recruiting if you do not want to lose qualified applicants, as this image shows:
Knowing this, here are 7 reasons why applicants are excited by video interviewing:
- With video interviews, they present themselves and their skills, as a supplement to their written documents. The videos give a more personal impression than a candidate’s resume or cover letter.
- They present to several decision makers at the same time. This is because the short videos allow executives to get involved earlier in the process.
- Recording the video is easy! They decide where and when they want to take the interview.
- It’s a fair and uniform process. This is because all candidates have the same exact questions with the same preparation and answer times.
- The whole recruitment process is speed up. They get a quicker decision as to whether they fit the company and the advertised position.
- Their data is securely stored on servers that are only accessible to authorized individuals. For example, the videos cannot be forwarded via email.
- All they need is a computer with a webcam (usually included) and an internet connection.
If you want to know more about how you can improve your hiring process using video interviewing, get in touch!
How does video interviewing work? We have crafted a short video for you. Watch it here.